Thursday, December 20, 2012

An Introduction...

My name is Jay, and I live with my Fiance, Sam and our eleven month old Siberian Husky, Ruby.
We adopted Ruby at ten months old, so we have not had her very long. We adopted her from my dad, after Ruby had a fall out with his 15 month old Alaskan Malamute, Jess. My dad adopted Ruby at seven months.
The poor baby has been pushed from pillar to post, coming from a family who had no time for her, or cared enough to make the time. She's a beautiful little lady, with a big heart and stunning baby blue eyes. She weighs in at around 24kg, stands around 60cm, and is a beautiful mixture of tan and grey.
My dad had already done a lot of work with Ruby, (he got Jess from a similar family when she was 8 months old, he's used to it) so she was mostly house trained and knew a little lead etiquette. She has also calmed down when it comes to food and stopped trying to steal it from your hands.
She is a complete live wire, but with alternating shifts at work for us, she is never alone, never neglected.
In this blog I will be charting and discussing our trials and tribulations with Ruby's training, and here to answer any questions about Siberian Husky's, or other big breeds, as chances are, I have had at least a little experience with them! As I said, my father has a Malamute, my mum has a Rottweiler, and has previously had German Shepard's, Bull Terriers, a Pit Bull Cross, Dobermans, and a Collie.
I hope you enjoy, and I hope I can offer a little bit of reassurance for those of you out there who are going through the hell that can be dog training!

Meet Ruby!

No comments:

Post a Comment