Friday, December 28, 2012

Ruby's Christmas Fun...

So for Christmas, I took Ruby to visit my mum and her dog Cleo, the Rottweiler. This, I was dreading. Cleo is a laid back girl who likes to chill out and eat a lot. Ruby is nuts! I was nervous, and worried that it would rub off on my little princess.
In preparation for the big day, I bought new toys, a nice juicy bone, loads of poop bags and biscuits, and a shorter lead. I needed to have total control over Ruby at all times, as Cleo is easily agitated by younger dogs.
So, the day came, and Ruby unwrapped her presents and kept herself entertained for an hour. We then went for a two hour family walk, making sure to include loads of running and chasing. This wore her out, but only a little!
After a visit from my dad and brother, which involved lots of excitement for Ruby, my dad drive me and Ruby to my mums. The moment of dread.
Luckily, she was a star! Obviously, we had a little confrontation as it was Cleo's home and she needed to protect it. She quickly realised that Ruby was not a threat and decided to play and jump around for about an hour. A quick walk together sealed the deal!
For the rest of the day, they chilled and played happily together. I was such a proud mummy!
Later in the day, we were invited to Sam's mum's home, only a twenty minute walk away. This part of the day was not so good. Sam's old dog Toby, a miniature Jack Russell, did not react nicely to another dog in his home, and he became very jealous and aggressive. I worried that Ruby may react badly and try to defend herself, but she appeared none the wiser. It took an incredible amount of trust on my part, and I have to say I paid off.
I have a lot of faith in Ruby after her amazing behaviour, and we shall be visiting my mum and Cleo again tomorrow.

I am very proud of my little girl, and it just goes to show that a little faith goes a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment